Monday, August 18, 2008

What's a Frugal Crafter?

A Frugal Crafter is anyone who likes to make stuff and wants to save money by using things they already have. For me, that includes turning to my closet o' yarn and drawers of craft supplies that I've been amassing for years. Bonus points for find creative uses for things that aren't recyclable, but have fulfilled their original purpose. People with less vision call these things "Garbage". I call them "Free Art Supplies".

You can be a Frugal Crafter too. If you make a project you see on this blog, let me know. I'll post about it here or link to your own blog post about it. If you have an idea for a frugal craft, let me know and you can do a guest post, or I'll link to you, if you prefer.

Let's make some stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while i was browsing. I want to be a frugal crafter! I recently made a sleeve for my checkbook out of scrap fabrics... (it's a few posts ago...)

check it out on my blog:
mermaidgoespink.blogspot.com

I'm a fan!
Shelby

Anonymous said...

I was actually going to create another for a friend, so i can take step by step pictures, and i'll email you the tutorial, which you can then post on your blog. :]